What’s happening at the Kenai Senior Center for the month of September 2015 call for 283-8211 for additional information (All activities are held at the Kenai Senior Center unless otherwise stated):
• Thursday, September 3 ~ SingSpiration @ 6:30p Join us as we gather to sing those “Old Time Religion” hymns. Bring a finger food to share
• Friday, September 4 ~ 11:30a am Grandparents Day Bring your grandchildren to lunch with you and we’ll have a picnic including games and prizes.
• Monday, September 7 ~ Closed for Labor Day
• Wednesday September 9 ~ Bring Your Bear to Lunch Day! @ 11:30 am Bring your favorite teddy bear to lunch with you.
• Thursday, September 10, 17, and 24 – 6:30 p.m. Bluegrass Jam Session open for musicians or listeners. Bring a finger food to share we’ll provide the coffee.
• Tuesday, September 15 ~ No Host Dinner to The Tree House in Nikiski We’ll leave the Center at 4:30p. Transportation fee of $3
• Wednesday September 16 ~ 11:30a – Birthday Lunch; if you are 60 or over and your birthday is anytime this month, we’ll buy you lunch today.
• Wednesday September 16 – 11:30 am – National Play Doh Day!
• Friday, September 18 ~ 11:30 am – Rice Krispy Treat Day!
• Monday, September 21 – 11:30 am – World Gratitude Day! Thank you for reading this calendar.
• Tuesday, September 29 ~ Free Elder Law Clinic @ 10:30a – Please call Center for additional information.
• Wednesday, September 30 ~ National Mud Day @ 3:00 pm – Join us for a Ladies Spa Event. $5 for this event. Please sign up at the front desk.
Body / Mind / Soul:
• Blood Pressure Checks ~ Monday & Wednesday 9-11a with Nurse Coleene
• Dog Therapy ~ Mondays @ from 10-11a with Pat, Hope & Joy
• Spanish: Mondays ~ Spanish is taking the summer off. We’ll begin again Monday, September 14th.
• Square Dancing Lessons: Thursdays ~ 4:00 pm facilitated by Theresa Lusby
• Guitar Class: Tuesdays ~ 9:30 am facilitated by Gerald Miller
• Writers Group ~ Wednesdays @ 1:00 pm – Solarium, facilitated by Virginia Walters
• General Exercise: Monday / Wednesday / Friday @ 9:00 am
• Growing Strong Strength Training Class: Monday / Wednesday / Friday @ 10:00 am
• Line Dancing: Monday / Thursday @ 10:00 am – at the Kenai Recreation Center
• Tai-Chi: Tuesday / Thursday @ 10:00 am
• Zumba Gold: Tuesday / Thursday Zumba is taking the summer off. We’ll begin again Tuesday, September 8th.
Arts / Crafts Opportunities:
• Beading ~ 1:oo pm Mondays
• Crafting with Bev ~ 1:oo pm Wednesdays
• Knitting ~ 1:00 pm Fridays (on summer bread)
• Quilting Group ~ 10:30 am Fridays
• Mondays & Fridays @ 12:30p ~ Pinochle
• Tuesdays @ 12:30p ~ BINGO (for prizes not cash)
• Tuesdays @ 12:35p ~ Bridge
• Wednesdays @ 1p ~ Dominos
• Thursdays @ 12:30p ~ Tripoly
• Wednesday, September 2 & 16 ~ 9:00 am-Noon Social Security virtual office
[The Kenai Senior is the venue to talk to the Anchorage Social Security Office. This is a first come first serve service. A signup sheet will be available when you arrive at the KSC. No appointments and no age limits]
• Council on Aging ~ Thursday, September 10 @ 4:30 pm
• Kenai Senior Connection Board Meeting ~ Friday, September 25 @ 9:30a
Community Meals are served Monday – Friday from 11:30 – 1p for a $6 suggested donation for individuals 60 years or older (unless otherwise noted). Our mission at the Kenai Senior Center is to serve as a community focal point for senior services where adults 60+ come together to engage in opportunities for dignity and personal growth. Please call (907-283-4156) or stop by our facility (361 Senior Court, Kenai AK 99611) anytime during regular operating hours; 8a-4p – Monday – Friday.