“You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.” — C.G. Jung
Let’s face it — we have all heard about the budget, the PFD cap, massive cuts and a myriad of other woes facing Alaska and our communities this past two years. What is important is what we are doing, not what we are told is being done. This is why I think, “We Deserve Better.”
It is time for rolling up or sleeves, sitting at the table, and having the hard conversations that we all agree need to happen. For this to happen, we need to put egos and special interests aside. Only then can we get down to doing the work for the people. We all have differing views and yet we all can agree on many things. Letters behind names are not going to solve the problems that we are facing as a community or state. It isn’t going to be high power endorsements or fancy ads and signs, but who is actively every day out in our community actively participating and listening to our constituents. I believe that I have the guts, determination, and ability to deliver results based on what I and others know about me the community member and candidate for House District 30.
What I bring to the table:
• Accountability and integrity both to myself and constituents.
• Belief in following the U.S. and Alaska constitution.
• Protecting your PFD.
• Never putting special interests above the people in our district.
• Open, honest, ethical and approachable.
• Forward thinking, problem solver who values common sense.
• Accounting and financial background that will serve our community well.
• First priority is what is best for our community and Alaskans.
• Support term limits and anti-corruption legislation.
• Willingness to sit down and discuss, and negotiate with all sides and positions.
• Protect and enhance educational opportunities for our children and community.
• Explore and implement opportunities to improve our economy both locally and statewide.
I work hard, care deeply and believe that our actions say far more than our words ever will. I am asking for your support because I am that candidate that shows up, does the hard work, and does it each and every day not just during elections, not just when it is convenient, and I will continue to work for each and every one of you 100% of the time. I answer my phone and messages and work hard to get answers and solutions for our community and you as neighbors. This is a time in our lives that will require hard work, open communication, and a willingness to come together and make hard decisions. I have never run from hard work, difficult conversations, or a fight these are qualities that are going to be needed not just to hold a chair, and collect a paycheck at the public’s expense. This is a point in history that the political letters behind our names are meaningless, and our actions will be what take us forward as a community and a state. This candidate is completely accessible:
• Phone: 907-598-1171
• Email: email@example.com
• Facebook: Shauna Thornton for AK State House- Kenai/Soldotna
We worship together, and we gather for Sunday Dinner. We take our sick children to the doctor, and when someone harmful tries to hurt one of us, we rally. Not every member of the family is the same; we all have different goals, dreams, and desires.
Some are rich, some are poor, some work hard, while some work only to fill a necessity; but the truth is we all have personal struggles, one being no more important than the other. It is time to stop the family feud. We are a family! So let’s set aside our differences and start acting like one.
Shauna Thornton is a Democratic candidate for the Alaska House of Representatives in District 30.