Grease fire damages Soldotna-area restaurant, none hurt
The kitchen and roof of a Soldotna-area Chinese restaurant were damaged in grease fire Wednesday.
Dispatchers received a report of the fire at Golden International Chinese Restaurant at 12:17 p.m., said Central Emergency Services Deputy Chief Dan Grimes.
Approximately 14 emergency personnel responded to the restaurant on the Sterling Highway just outside Soldotna.
Sharon Hu, the restaurant’s owner, said the fire started while she and another person were preparing the restaurant for opening. Hu said no customers were in the restaurant at the time of the fire.
The fire in the kitchen had already been extinguished when crews arrived. Crews were sent to the roof of the building to check if the fire had extended from the kitchen hood system into the roof, Grimes said.
”We did find some fire extension on the hood in the roof, and we extinguished that,” Grimes said.
Reach Erin Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.