What’s happening at the Kenai Senior Center for the month of June 2015 call for 283-8211 for additional information. (All activities are held at the Kenai Senior Center unless otherwise stated):
• Tuesday, June 2 ~ 11:30 a.m. – Rocky Road Day!
• Thursday, June 4 ~ 2:30p – No-Host Afternoon Delight to Gotta Have Desserts ($1 Van Ride)
• Thursday, June 4 ~ SingSpiration – 6:30 pm Join us in singing those “Old Time Religion” hymns right out of the hymnal. Bring a finger food to share.
• Monday, June 8 – 9:30 am – Day Trip to Seward, Lunch at Seward Senior Center, $15 for lunch & transportation. Please pre-pay and sing up by June 2
• Wednesday, June 10 – 11:30 a.m. – Iced Tea Day!
• Thursday, June 11, 18 and 25 – 6:30 p.m. Bluegrass Jam Session open for musicians or listeners. Bring a finger food to share we’ll provide the coffee.
• Tuesday, June 17 – 11:30 am – Birthday Lunch; if you are 60 or over and your birthday is in June, we’ll buy you lunch today.
• Thursday, June 18 ~ 11:30 am – Father’s Day Luncheon; bring a picture of you and your father to share.
• Friday, June 19 ~ 11:30 am – AREA WIDE PICNIC – Senior Centers from around the Peninsula will be gathering at the Kenai Senior Center to share lunch together. Bring your chairs and dress for the weather. We will be outside unless it’s raining. Donations for meals suggested.
• Wednesday, June 24 ~ 1:00 pm – Smart Phone Class facilitated by Al Weeks
• Friday, June 26~ Rain or Shine – If it’s nice outside we’ll build a fire and make s’mores; if it’s raining our we’ll pop popcorn and watch a movie
• Tuesday, June 23 ~ 10:30 am – Non-Mystery Drive & No-Host Lunch ($8 transportation fee) Steve will be taking us to Norman Lowell’s Art Gallery in Anchor Point and we’ll stop for lunch at Rosco’s in Ninilchik. Sign up on at the front desk.
Body / Mind / Soul:
• Spanish: Mondays ~ 10:30a and 1-1:30p Spanish
• Guitar Class: Tuesdays ~ 9:30 am facilitated by Gerald Miller
• Writers Group ~ Wednesdays @ 1:00 pm – Solarium, facilitated by Virginia Walters
• Easy Nordic Walking (outside) ~ Monday/Wednesday @ 2:30 pm Meet in the Dining Room
• Mild Nordic Hiking ~ Fridays @ 2:30 we’ll take a van to a nice hiking spot close by.
• General Exercise: Monday / Wednesday / Friday @ 9:00 am
• Growing Strong Strength Training Class: Monday / Wednesday / Friday @ 10:00 am
• Line Dancing: Monday / Thursday @ 10:00 am – at the Kenai Recreation Center
• Tai-Chi: Tuesday / Thursday @ 10:00 am
• Zumba Gold: Tuesday / Thursday @ 2:00 pm ~ donation suggested
• Walter Walking @ Nikiski Pool: Tuesdays & Thursdays ($3 van ride) 7:30a-9:30a
Arts / Crafts Opportunities:
• Beading ~ 1:oo pm Mondays
• Knitting ~ 1:00 pm Fridays
• Quilting Group ~ 10:30 am Fridays
• Mondays & Fridays @ 12:30p ~ Pinochle
• Mondays @ 1:00 ~ SkipBo
• Tuesdays @ 12:30p ~ BINGO (for prizes not cash)
• Tuesdays @ 12:35p ~ Bridge
• Wednesdays @ 1p ~ Dominos
• Thursdays @ 12:30p ~ Tripoly & Hand-n-Foot
• Wednesday, June 3 & 17 ~ 9:00 am-Noon Social Security virtual office
[The Kenai Senior is the venue to talk to the Anchorage Social Security Office. This is a first come first serve service. A signup sheet will be available when you arrive at the KSC. No appointments and no age limits]
• Council on Aging ~ Canceled for June
• Kenai Senior Connection Board Meeting ~ Friday, June 26 @ 9:30a
Community Meals are served Monday – Friday from 11:30 – 1p unless otherwise noted. Our mission at the Kenai Senior Center is to serve as a community focal point for senior services where adults 60+ come together to engage in opportunities for dignity and personal growth. Please call (907-283-4156) or stop by our facility (361 Senior Court, Kenai AK 99611) anytime during regular operating hours (8a-4p) – Monday – Friday.
• SALMON CLASSIC KICK OFF DINNER
Saturday, June 27, 5p.m., $25 per person
Reservations Required ~ 262-6808
Tickets may be purchased at the Sterling Senior Center or Pull Tab Store
ALL proceeds benefit the Sterling Area Senior Center, Inc.
• The Friday Flea Market will start June 5th. The fee to set up is $10 per space and must be paid prior to setting up, stop by the office to make payment. Vendors must bring their own tables and chairs. The Center has no tables or chairs to rent.
* ANNUAL GUN SHOW
The Sterling Senior Center Annual Gun Show will be held on July 18th and 19th from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
Tables will be available for $50.00 each and admission is $5.00 per person.
Coffee and pastries will be available in the morning with the Elderberry Café serving lunches.
To reserve a table, contact Bill Bailey at 260-3725 or call the Center at 262-6808.