For the month of November 2015 call 283-4156 for additional information (All activities are held at the Kenai Senior Center unless otherwise stated):
* Thursday, November 5 ~ SingSpiration @ 6:30pm Join us as we gather to sing those “Old Time Religion” hymns. Bring a finger food to share
* Tuesday, November 10 ~ Celebrating Heroes Veterans Event beginning at 3:00 pm – Flag Ceremony at 3:30 pm- KSRM’s Tall Dark & Handsome Show broadcasting live at the Kenai Senior Center and featuring our local heroes (Veterans) 6:00 pm Potluck (bring a side dish or dessert) and 6:30 A Patriotic Concert by Mt. View Youth Chours All generations are invited to join us and meet and encourage one of our local veterans.
* Wednesday, November 11 ~ Closed in honor of Veterans Day
* Thursday, November 12 & 19 – 6:30 p.m. Bluegrass Jam Session open for musicians or listeners. Bring a finger food to share we’ll provide the coffee.
* Monday, November 16 ~ Mystery Drive – $5 Where will Steve take us this month? (weather permitting)
* Tuesday, November 17 – 4:30 pm – No Host Dinner to the Burger Bus- Sign up on the bulletin board.
*Wednesday November 18 ~ 11:30 am – Birthday Lunch; if you are 60 or over and your birthday is anytime this month, we’ll buy you lunch today.
* Tuesday, November 24 ~ 11:30 am – Hilcorp Thanksgiving Luncheon
* Thursday, November 26 ~ Thanksgiving Day Potluck @ 11:30 am
* Tuesday, September 29 ~ Free Elder Law Clinic @ 10:30 am – Please call Center for additional information.
* Thursday and Friday November 26 & 27 – Closed for Thanksgiving weekend
Body / Mind / Soul:
* Water Walking ~ Tuesdays & Thursdays – Leave KSC at 7:30 am for Nikiski Pool, return around 9:30 $5 for ride & pool
* Blood Pressure Checks ~ Monday & Wednesday 9-11 am with Nurse Coleene
* Dog Therapy ~ Mondays @ from 10-11am with Pat, Hope & Joy
* Spanish: Mondays ~ Spanish is taking the summer off. We’ll begin again Monday, September 14th.
* Square Dancing Lessons: Thursdays ~ 4:00 pm facilitated by Theresa Lusby
* Guitar Class: Tuesdays ~ 9:30 am facilitated by Gerald Miller
* Writers Group ~ Wednesdays @ 1:00 pm – Solarium, facilitated by Virginia Walters
* General Exercise: Monday / Wednesday / Friday @ 9:00 am
* Growing Strong Strength Training Class: Monday / Wednesday / Friday @ 10:00 am
* Line Dancing: Monday / Thursday @ 10:00 am – at the Kenai Recreation Center
* Tai-Chi: Tuesday / Thursday @ 10:00 am
* Zumba Gold: Tuesday / Thursday Zumba
Arts / Crafts Opportunities:
* Beading ~ 1:00 pm Mondays
* Crafting with Bev ~ 1:00 pm Wednesdays
* Knitting ~ 1:00 pm Thursdays
* Ceramics ~ 1:00 pm Thursdays
* Quilting Group ~ 10:30 am Fridays
* Mondays & Fridays @ 12:30p ~ Pinochle
* Tuesdays @ 12:30p ~ BINGO (for prizes not cash)
* Tuesdays @ 12:35p ~ Bridge
* Tuesdays @ 1:00 pm ~ Joker
* Wednesdays @ 1p ~ Dominos
* Thursdays @ 12:30p ~ Tripoly
*Wednesday, November 4 & 18 ~ 9:00 am-Noon Social Security virtual office
[The Kenai Senior is the venue to talk to the Anchorage Social Security Office. This is a first come first serve service. A signup sheet will be available when you arrive at the KSC. No appointments and no age limits]
* Council on Aging ~ Thursday, November 12 @ 4:30 pm
* Kenai Senior Connection Board Meeting ~ Friday, November 19 @ 9:30am
Community Meals are served Monday – Friday from 11:30 – 1:00 pm for a $6 suggested donation for individuals 60 years or older (unless otherwise noted). Our mission at the Kenai Senior Center is to serve as a community focal point for senior services where adults 60+ come together to engage in opportunities for dignity and personal growth. Please call (907-283-4156) or stop by our facility (361 Senior Court, Kenai AK 99611) anytime during regular operating hours; 8a-4 pm – Monday – Friday.
34453 Sterling Highway
Sterling, Alaska 99672
The Sterling Senior Center proudly presents two great programs in November for your pleasure and benefit:
Annual Christmas Bazaar and Bake Sale
Upcoming — Christmas Bazaar
November 13-14 (Friday & Saturday)
10am to 3pm
Seeking vendors for the Christmas Bazaar scheduled for Friday November 13th and Saturday November 14th from 10am to 4pm. If you are a crafter and wish to participate, reserve your table early. Cost will be $25 per table for both days. Reserve your table by calling Sandy Bailey at 260-3725 or Michelle at the center at 262-6808. Sandy will be out of state for 3 weeks, so don’t panic if you can’t get her as Michelle will be happy to put your name on the list. Get busy crafting so that we might have a great Christmas craft and bake sale.
Handcrafted items, baked goods, and food served by the Elderberry Café
Tables available for $25 per table
For further information, call the Center at 262-6808. Call early to reserve your space.
November 21 (Saturday)
9 to 1pm
$10 for Adults
$5 for Children 12 and under
Pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and more
All proceeds to benefit the kenai peninsula food bank
Hello Sterling Seniors! Happy Thanksgiving
Don’t forget to set your clocks back 1 hour on November 1st!
November will be a busy month at the center.
We are having our Christmas Bazaar on November 13th & 14th. Signup sheet is at the Front desk.
Nov. 21st there will be a breakfast at 9am to 1pm. It is our fund raiser for the food bank.
Thanksgiving boxes will be given out on November 23rd & 24th for families in need.
Carving club is on nov. 7th & 21st from 10am to 3pm. Anyone who carves or wants to learn To carve is welcome to come. We ask you to bring something to share at lunch time.
The center will be closed on November 26th though November 29th for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Friday Night at the Movies ! This season’s movies continues with two great movies: November 6 feature is “The Imitation Game” the story of Alan Turing, the British mathematician most responsible for breaking the German military code in World War II, Snack is Chili Dogs, chips, dessert, popcorn and coffee.
November 20 movie is the magical, inspiring and fun Disney production — “Tomorrowland” actors George Clooney, Raffey Cassidy are great. Snacks? Sloppy Joes, dessert, popcorn and coffee.