As women experience hormone shifts throughout life, it can become overwhelming with the symptoms that follow the changes. When people think of hormonal changes, it’s easy to assume it’s an older woman experiencing menopause. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case. It’s not just with the aging process; hormonal imbalances can occur at all stages of life.
Hormonal shifts can occur from thyroid disease, polycystic ovarian syndrome, genetics, and more. While these changes can cause various symptoms, one of the most overwhelming experiences is losing libido. It can be frustrating, but there is hope. You have to know what the best female supplements for libido are.
It’s important to know that you’re not alone – studies have shown that one in three women will experience low sex drive.
But before we get into that, it’s essential to know what’s causing the issues, more about the hormones, and the symptoms you may be dealing with.
Symptoms of Female Libido Loss
If you’re experiencing libido loss as a woman, you know it’s not just that specific problem; you’re likely experiencing a wide range of symptoms that you may not realize are part of this.
It’s common for a woman’s sexual desires to fluctuate throughout the years. It can shift between significant life changes, relationships, menopause, illness, and pregnancy. Keep that in mind. However, if this has been happening for a while, you may want to consider other symptoms that would point to libido loss.
You may notice that your partner wants to be more intimate than you do. Neither one of you is abnormal about the frequency of desiring intimacy. However, your differences may cause some distress in the relationship. Even if your sex drive is a lot weaker than it used to be, your relationship could be more solid than it ever was. There’s no magic timeframe of how often you should be intimate with your partner.
Symptoms of loss of libido in women:
- Being concerned by your lack of sexual activity
- Zero or almost no sexual fantasies
- No interest in sexual activity with your partner or even yourself
What Causes Loss of Female Libido?
Aside from going through typical phases throughout life, loss of libido can be a result of:
Some medications like antidepressants, anti-anxiety, heart failure medications, antiseizure, blood pressure, cancer treatment, heartburn, and opioids can all impact your sex drive.
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
This is a condition that can cause pain during intercourse. Because of the pain, it can naturally lead to the loss of female libido.
Anxiety and Depression
Emotional health can affect the sex drive. A low sexual desire is strongly linked to anxiety and depression. Suppose you are stressed either from your anxiety disorder, financial situation, or work life. In that case, your body will produce cortisol and epinephrine, which are stress hormones and can reduce your desire for sex.
Some hormonal changes could be caused by a thyroid disorder, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), having a baby, and menopause. When you have a hormonal imbalance, your estrogen, testosterone, progesterone, thyroid, cortisol, and other hormone levels could be causing all sorts of problems.
Although the link between birth control and low libido is still being studied, there is a link between the two. There seems to be some correlation between birth control and testosterone levels, progesterone, and estrogen.
Which Hormones Should You Check With Loss of Libido?
Hormones are the cause of around 70 percent of low libido cases. Hormones inevitably change; it’s the part of aging.
The following are some of the hormones that you should be checking if you experience loss of libido:
This is considered the stress hormone. If you find yourself stressed often, your cortisol levels are likely high. When you’re in a constant state of stress, your cortisol will be chronically heightened, which leads to loss of libido. You can experience this at any age. Other signs you may have an elevated cortisol level:
- Feeling overwhelmed while running on overdrive
- Craving more sweets than normal
- Skin breakouts
- Not sleeping well
- Unstable blood sugar
This is the female hormone. If your estrogen is not balanced, you may notice many issues. Your period will arrive on time if your estrogen is balanced. If your estrogen levels are all over the pains, you likely experience loss of libido, lack of regular periods (if you still get them), along with one or more of the following:
- Migraine headaches
- Vaginal atrophy
- Vaginal dryness
- Weight gain
While this hormone is typically known as the male hormone, women have testosterone. Like other hormones, testosterone can rise and fall as it becomes unbalanced, especially with birth control. When you take oral contraception, it reduces the testosterone in your body, leading to loss of libido. If this hormone is not balanced correctly, you may notice additional symptoms like:
- Low self-confidence
- Fatigue or low energy
- Facial hair
- Highly sore muscles after weight lifting or exercising
- Irregular periods
Low Thyroid Function
The thyroid gland sits in your neck and is responsible for most body functions, including your libido. It’s called hypothyroidism when it’s low and is also associated with Hashimoto’s, an autoimmune disease. When thyroid levels are low, it’s often from chronically high cortisol. If low thyroid levels are causing your imbalance, you may also notice:
- Anxiety, depression, or mood swings
- Weight gain
- Thinning eyelashes
- Dry, thinning, and tangly hair
- Loss of hair around the outer part of your eyebrow
- Morning fatigue
- Poor circulation in hands and feet
Can Libido Function be Regained?
Almost always, the libido function can be restored. If your libido is off due to stress, try to take time for self-care. Decrease anything in your life that is causing excess stress, if possible. Meditation is a great tool for making sure you are eating and sleeping correctly.
If your libido is off because of hormones, you need to find out which hormones are imbalanced, and you can adequately treat the problem with some of the best female supplements for libido.
Do Libido Supplements Truly Work?
Just like anything, you have to be careful what you try. However, in general, libido supplements genuinely do work. Most of them have specific ingredients to help. Not to mention, some libido supplements can help balance out what your body is lacking to cause the problem in the first place.
It is beneficial to opt for natural supplements whenever possible. LeadingEdge Health is one of the trusted sources to browse all kinds of libido supplements. When you start getting into the other types of supplements that aren’t natural, they can have some side effects that could make you feel worse in the end.
The Best Female Supplements for Libido in 2022
- HerSolution Pills
- HerSolution Gel
Provestra is an all-natural option to boost your libido while relieving symptoms from menopause or hormonal imbalance. Provestra stimulates your sex hormones to help with vaginal lubrication. It also works to heighten sexual sensitivity. Taking Provestra can also help you sleep better and minimize hot flashes.
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, and B12- B vitamins can help boost blood flow and increase sex drive.
- Vitamin E, C, and A – Essential vitamins can help keep the skin moisturized and boost collagen levels.
- Indole-3 Carbinol- Works to balance estrogen naturally and helps overall sexual health.
- Theobromine – This ingredient is known as an aphrodisiac and mind relaxer. It also works as a libido enhancer.
- Iron- Red blood cycles, iron, and oxygen go hand in hand. These three, when balanced, can help with menstrual cycles.
- L-arginine – This is an amino acid that helps to dilate blood vessels and improve blood flow.
- Calcium Carbonate – This ingredient plays a significant role in muscle contractions. It also helps with nerve function.
- Pantothenic Acid
- Ginseng- This has been used in Chinese medicine for several years. The Chinese culture has continuously used Ginseg for increasing sexual performance.
- Zinc Gluconate- Helps with stamina and symptoms for menopausal women.
- Ginkgo Biloba- boosts blood flow and helps improve sensations.
- Black Cohosh- An herb native to North America. It has been used in traditional medicine and can help hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and postmenopause symptoms.
- Damiana Leaf- Known as an aphrodisiac, grows throughout Central America. It helps with muscle contraction and can balance hormones.
- Licorice Root- This ingredient helps with hormone levels, stress, mood swings, and even fluid retention.
- Red Raspberry- Helps to balance estrogen and soothe PMS symptoms. It can also help to rejuvenate the reproductive system.
- Valerian root- Often used to relax the central nervous system and help with insomnia. It can also help with stress.
- Ginger Root- Another ingredient that is an aphrodisiac. It helps blood flow, muscle contractions, and menopause symptoms,
- Kudzu Root- A plant that helps female hormones and can address symptoms for postmenopausal women
Provestra has terrific benefits like being all-natural, helping increase libido, can help with vaginal lubrication, not having any hormones, and you can notice results within the first seven days.
Where to Buy
You can’t find Provestra in stores, so Amazon or directly from Leading Edge Health is the best place to buy it.
This is a doctor-endorsed, non-GMO option to boost your libido naturally. HerSolution Pills offer a more gentle treatment in comparison to prescription medications. HerSolution also has a gradual effect that will slowly but sufficiently absorb all of the active ingredients so you can see and feel the benefits and improvements.
Since Her Solution has natural ingredients like libido boosters and aphrodisiacs, this is a surefire way to boost the libido with no side effects.
- Niacin – helps with increased blood flow and improves sensation.
- Hops Extract- This ingredient has calming properties, balances estrogen, and can help with vaginal dryness relief.
- Mucuna Pruriens – Helps to improve dopamine, the” happy” chemical. It also helps to stay in a calm state of mind.
- Ginkgo Biloba- A staple for many Chinese formulations to enhance blood flow and libido. As an added benefit, it helps to counteract the effects of menopause.
- Tribulus Terrestris- As an ingredient well-known to people who are big on health supplements, this product is known for its properties to be a libido booster. It can also help with testosterone levels and maintain a healthy urinary tract.
- Cayenne Pepper – Helps with vaginal lubrication and overall sexual satisfaction.
- DHEA- It’s been studied that women with high DHEA levels tend to have higher sex drives.
Benefits of HerSolution Pills
One of the most significant benefits of supplements like HerSolution is that in addition to helping boost your libido, the regulation of hormones also helps with less painful periods that are more regular, helps with mood swings energy, and helps achieve sexual satisfaction.
Where to Buy
Similar to Provestra, HerSolution Pills can only be found online. Please be sure to purchase from reputable sellers on Amazon or eBay, or you can find HerSolution directly on the manufacturer’s website, Leading Edge Health.
Vigorelle is a unique female libido booster, different from Provestra and HerSolution. Vigorelle is a topical libido booster made of all-natural, high-quality ingredients. This product can help with low sex drive, hormonal imbalances, vaginal dryness and acts as a lubricant and topical enhancer.
- Motherwort – helps to stimulate the blood flow to the genitals. It can help reduce anxiety and hot flashes.
- Peppermint Leaf – Considered one of the best remedies if you are experiencing vaginal dryness. The herb also helps you to relax your nervous system.
- Suma Root – Helps rebalance hormones and oxygenates the cells. It helps to ramp up the libido.
- Aloe Vera Gel – Vaginal dryness is one of the top concerns for most women, and aloe vera gel helps provide hydration and moisturizing benefits.
- Damiana Leaf – An old but effective herb that helps combat female libido issues and is also known to boost female fertility.
- Wild Yam- Improves energy levels and helps combat low estrogen levels while improving libido.
- Maca Root – Rich in phytonutrients to increase sexual desire and the libido
- Ginkgo Biloba – A natural herb to help treat menopause. Increases and improves circulation. This is one of the biggest reasons for low libido.
- L-Arginine – An amino acid that helps regulate and increase blood flow.
- Tongkat Ali – Increases sensitivity and boosts libido.
- Goat Weed – This herb helps regulate hormones while stimulating the libido.
Benefits of Vigorelle
The most significant benefit of Vigorelle is its delivery mechanism; unlike the other products mentioned in this article, Vigorelle is topical, which means results can be noticed quicker than the supplements taken orally. Vigorelle is a great option to get your libido back. Not to mention, just like the other supplements, it is also made with 100 percent all-natural ingredients, and there is no overpowering smell.
Some people prefer to stick with supplements because they require no topical application and no mess, so you have to consider this when deciding.
Where to Buy
You can purchase Vigorelle directly from Leading Edge Health, and you get an industry-leading 67 Day Money Back guarantee.
The gel version of HerSolution is made with a gentle topical formula that is doctor-approved. It helps to stimulate lubrication and other sensations. This product helps to relieve dryness and is made with a water-based and non-sticky formula.
- Aloe, Cocoa Butter, and Shea Butter – The product’s texture makes it easier to combat vaginal dryness.
- Natural botanical essences – The mixture of botanicals in this gel will allow you to feel the “explosive” pleasure.
- L-Arginine – An amino acid that helps to dilate blood vessels and provides more blood flow throughout the body
- Olive Squalene – A rich emollient found in personal care and cosmetic products. It helps to moisturize and lubricate.
- Purified water – This can help with hydration of the body and enhanced blood flow.
- Carbopol Ultrez Polymer – This ingredient helps mainly with lubrication and combat dryness.
- Dipropylene Glycol – This ingredient helps Her Solution work better within the body.
- Menthol USP – Helps the body to relax and enhances sensations.
- Triethanolamine – This is a vital ingredient in the gel. It is a stabilizer to help it perform better.
- Citric Acid – Helps with the binding of the ingredients in the gel. It also can help combat free radicals and reduce body acidity.
Benefits of HerSolution Gel
One of the most significant benefits of HerSolution Gel is that it works relatively fast. It is made with natural ingredients, so you don’t have to worry about any harmful chemicals in your body.
Like Vigorelle, the only negative is that some people don’t like to use topicals and prefer mess-free supplements.
Where to Buy
You can buy HerSolution Gel at Leading Edge Health so it can get delivered right to your door for your convenience and take advantage of their 67 Day Money Back Guarantee.
The Best Female Supplements for Libido in 2022 Summary
If you suffer from any hormonal imbalance, including loss of libido, remember you are not alone. While the loss of libido can impact your relationship and can be overwhelming to deal with for yourself, there are numerous ways and supplements to combat what you’re experiencing.
Before trying any female enhancement supplement, it’s essential to reach out to your doctor to get a test to check your hormone levels. It can be easy to assume your symptoms match up to any of the above and think one hormone is off. If you end up supplementing for a supplement you don’t need, it can lead to further issues.
Check out the range of the best female libido supplements that could help you feel like yourself again. Experiencing a loss of libido can lead you to feel anxious, depressed, shameful, or even guilty; thankfully, there are several methods to help you achieve intimacy again. Some of the supplements won’t affect your hormones, so they are safe to take but will help you with the symptoms you may be experiencing.
The links contained in this product review may result in a small commission if you opt to purchase the product recommended at no additional cost to you. This goes towards supporting our research and editorial team and please know we only recommend high quality products.
Please understand that any advice or guidelines revealed here are not even remotely a substitute for sound medical advice from a licensed healthcare provider. Make sure to consult with a professional physician before making any purchasing decision if you use medications or have concerns following the review details shared above. Individual results may vary as the statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.